Dairy for Life Raffle Winners
On Friday night, six Chiefs’ fans won unique pieces of memorabilia at the Dairy for Life Raffle benefiting Second Harvest Inland Northwest.
If you are the holder of the following tickets, please bring it down to the Spokane Chiefs office during regular business office hours to claim your prize:
The Chiefs office will be open Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
ABOUT SECOND HARVEST
- 1 out of 6 people in Spokane is hungry or at risk of hunger.
- 1 out of 4 kids in Spokane is not getting enough to eat.
- People tend to forget about hunger between the cold winter months and summer when children don’t have access to free school meals. But hunger is still very prevalent right now as 16,000 people stand in food bank lines in Spokane County every month. Nearly half of those in need are children.
- Second Harvest provides 6 pounds of food (about 5 meals) for hungry people for every $1 donated.
- Most-needed food items include: peanut butter, protein items like canned meats, tuna, and chicken; canned fruits and vegetables; and dry grain products such as whole grain pasta, rice, and cereal.
- The gift of food changes lives and gives people an opportunity to succeed and thrive. You are helping your neighbors who humble themselves to stand in line for food. 2/3rds of people receiving food from Second Harvest have at least one member of the household working full time. They just can’t make ends meet and need assistance stretching their limited food dollars.