OFFICIAL RULES FOR SPOKANE CHIEFS SOCIAL MEDIA & ONLINE CONTESTS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED FOR THE APPLICABLE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
By participating in any contests or sweepstakes conducted by the Spokane Chiefs, you agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract, so read them carefully before participating. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the Released Parties (defined below) from you and a limitation of your rights and remedies. The details and requirements for entry or participation in any contests shall be provided by the Spokane Chiefs from time to time. You must follow the directions provided by the Spokane Chiefs and otherwise be bound by and follow these Official Rules to be eligible to receive a prize in connection with any contests.
- BLIND AUCTION RULES: Each player will have an entry box where fans can place a blind bid for the desired jersey. Half of the jerseys will be closed following the first intermission with the other half being closed following the second intermission. The first intermission jersey auction winners will be posted at the auction tables as soon as possible. Bid forms will ask for the fan’s name, phone number, e-mail address and the highest amount they would pay for that player’s jersey. All bid forms must have all the information filled out on every bid submitted. Any illegible forms will be disqualified. The Spokane Chiefs reserve the right to resolve all disputes. The Spokane Chiefs decisions’ will be final. The highest bid in the entry box at the end of the auction will pay the price they submitted for the jersey. Fans are allowed to submit more than one bid per jersey. If a fan has bid more than once and their bids are the highest in the box the sheet with the highest number will be accepted as the winner. (e.g. if John Doe’s bids of $900 and $1,000 are the top two bids, his $1,000 bid will be the winner.) If a fan has bid on multiple jerseys and has the highest bid on multiple jerseys then they win each of those jerseys. Fans will not be allowed to “select’ only one jersey to win. Winning bids will be posted at the auction tables and called on the number provided on the bid form. In the event that multiple bidders have the same high bid then each of the bidders will be asked to provide another blind bid until one has a higher bid. Payment is expected to be coordinated by the end of the game. The Spokane Chiefs reserve the right to resolve all disputes. The Spokane Chiefs decisions’ will be final and binding.
- HOW TO ENTER: You may enter any contests via the designated social media platform, mobile app or online submission form as specified. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address and per social media account per contest unless specified otherwise. Additional entries beyond the specified limit will be void.
- ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to legal residents of the United States including its commonwealths, territories and possessions (collectively referred to herein as “states”), and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (except in the case of legal residents of certain states/territories/provinces where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, such legal age of majority) at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Spokane Chiefs organization and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate or win a Prize (defined below). The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, territory and local laws, rules and regulations. Void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: Promptly following the end of the applicable Entry Period, the potential winner(s) of the applicable contest will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the applicable contest. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winner(s) will be declared the official winner(s) of the applicable contest (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners“). The decisions of the Spokane Chiefs are final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable contest. Limit one (1) Prize per person, family or household per contest.
- NOTIFICATION: Each potential winner will be notified at the email address, postal address, telephone number and/or via direct message to the potential winner’s social media account (in the sole discretion of the Spokane Chiefs, as applicable) provided at the time of entry (the “Prize Notification“) and will be required to privately (through social media direct message, email, or other secure, private means) provide his/her name, and any other personal information necessary to receive the Prize. In the event that any Prize (or any portion thereof) or Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or that any potential winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification within twenty-four (24) hours of the time of issuance (or within the time specified by the Spokane Chiefs, as applicable), fails to provide the Spokane Chiefs all information and documentation necessary to receive the Prize, fails to comply with these Official Rules, declines the Prize for any reason or, in the case of Canadian residents, a disqualification will result, the Prize will be forfeited and, at the Spokane Chiefs’ sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable Sweepstakes. Each potential winner may be required to submit his/her valid social security number and/or other identification to Sponsor and may be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability (or, if a resident of Canada, a Declaration of Eligibility) and, unless prohibited by law, Publicity, within twenty-four (24) hours of the time of issuance (or within the time specified by the Spokane Chiefs, as applicable). MARKETING: By agreeing to participate in a contest, promotion or giveaway with the Spokane Chiefs, Released Parties agree to receive digital correspondence (e.g. email) regarding future offers and promotions. The Spokane Chiefs will not sell contact information to third-party sources and Released Parties will be provided the option to opt out at any time.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the contest and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Spokane Chiefs and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the applicable contest, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties“) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the applicable contest or from the receipt or use of any Prize (or any portion thereof) or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize (or any portion thereof). By entering any contest, each entrant gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Spokane Chiefs by social media, telephone, email and/or postal mail for contest purposes. Each Winner, by acceptance of the Prize, grants to the Spokane Chiefs and its designees the right to publicize such Winner’s name, address (city and state/territory/province of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional, trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, or other connections including those through and/or by any website, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; wireless service congestion; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, wireless towers or cellular tower equipment; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in wireless or other transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, wireless service, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize(s) or in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Spokane Chiefs game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer and/or wireless device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of the Spokane Chiefs or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of any Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Spokane Chiefs or their respective agents. The Spokane Chiefs shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Spokane Chiefs reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Winner(s) and award the Prize(s) by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation. The Spokane Chiefs reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes or discontinue any Sweepstakes at any time without notice. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT, AND SPONSOR AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Email Account Holder of the email address submitted via the Online Entry Form at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. For entries via the Online Entry Form, the “Authorized Email Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner based on a social media account, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Social Media Account Holder of the social media account used to enter the applicable Sweepstakes provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Social Media Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a social media account by the parent website of that social media platform (e.g. www.twitter.com).