Section Leader Program
Are you a retired empty-nester looking for a fun and lively evening? Maybe a young adult eager to break into the workforce? Or perhaps a college student looking for a little extra income? We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic, outgoing and reliable individuals of all ages to join our Section Leader Program!
The Section Leader Program is an excellent opportunity to become a part of our organization while acting as the primary provider of direct services to guests as they are entertained by the Chiefs on the ice at Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena. Members of the Section Leader Program fill multiple staffing posts that may vary from game to game, or even within each game. These staff members are responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable environment for our guests. The Section Leader Program includes positions such as: Section Leader, Program Greeter, Concourse Facilitator and Guest Services Representative.
We are currently accepting applications for the Section Leader Program!
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified via email. No phone calls, please.
Position in the Organization
Section Leaders report directly to the Section Leader Manager but also work closely with the Sponsorship/Promotions and Ticket Sales staff.
Job Duties & Hours
- Provide the “WOW” Factor!
- Exceed guest expectations for service and satisfaction in all areas of the game experience.
- Customer service standards as outlined in the Section Leader customer service manual.
- Monitor guest conduct to ensure a safe and secure environment for all guests.
- Work with Spokane Arena staff to monitor the consumption of alcohol, ensuring no underage drinking is taking place and those guests consuming alcoholic beverages are doing so responsibly.
- Understand and encourage all customer service, safety and organizational policies and procedures.
- Recognize the importance of your role as a safety ambassador to our guests.
- Complete on-the-job required training as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Such job duties may include: collecting lost-and-found items, assisting with lost children/parents, resolving guest complaints, greeting guests, reviewing tickets for directional information, ushering guests to their seats and/or providing individual guest assistance.
Typical shift starting times are 5:30 p.m. for 7:05 p.m. games and 3:30 p.m. for 5:05 p.m. games (Sundays). Section leaders may be asked to come in early or stay late for pre-game or post-game events.
Game length varies but is usually approximately 2.5 hours. Schedule will include primarily weekend (Friday & Saturday) games with occasionally Sundays and weekdays. The Chiefs play 34 regular season home games each season, plus playoffs. The season begins in early October and ends in April before playoffs, which could extend into May.
Clocking in begins 15 minutes prior to shift and no later than 15 minutes after the final buzzer of the game, unless crowd attendance is reduced and management implements determines a “phase-out shift” as necessary.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including availability for work Friday and Saturday according to the Spokane Chiefs Hockey home game schedule.
- Availability during evenings, weekends and some holidays is necessary.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, sit, walk, and climb stairs. Limited positions may be available for those with physical limitations.
- Team member may occasionally be required to lift up to 15 pounds unaided.
- ENERGY & ENTHUSIASM!
- Positive, upbeat attitude and ability to speak with strangers.
- Ability to present yourself in a confident yet approachable manner.
- Consistency in demeanor with ability to provide the same high level of service to all guests.
- Previous experience in a customer service role.
- Knowledge of hockey is welcome but not required!
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in order to effectively help customers and ensure we deliver the best possible experience.
- Part-time minimum wage according to Washington State Labor Law.
- Section leaders also receive two (2) undated ticket vouchers for each game worked.
- If a Section Leader does request a shift off but is not scheduled to work, they are still entitled to the two voucher bonus. Requested time off is not eligible for the voucher bonus.